////Animation Director/// Animator /// Illustrator/// Optimist////_______"Don't be discouraged, be INSPIRED"

Jazz... [my therapy]

Seed Shack by Gene Ammons on Grooveshark

Monday 30 January 2012

Sketch-ercise #62 #63 #64 #65

Last week's Sketch-ercise sessions... Theme: "Performance, Acting, Emotion & Believability". As with anything, I kinda started off not so great, but felt myself loosening up towards the last few session of the week. For those new to my sketch-blog [or this theme I'm working on], a little while ago, I started feeling as though I really needed to work more on "expressions"... expressions, as in, facial expression, body language/ the general level of performance I gave characters whilst illustrating; [you can check out the full description of the theme here]... So for the past couple weeks, I've been doing a series of character in-situs, head shots & eyes/ mouth expression studies...

It's actually been a lot tougher than I thought... but in a good way... I've had to admit to/ come face to face with weaknesses I've had, & avoided for far too long... Found myself having to go back to basics to really try to grasp an understanding of this theme. As well as just trying to build my knowledge of human "expression" & "emotion", I've also been trying to apply it stylistically to the way [at this moment], I draw...




Well, that's all the time I have to make this post
but I'll continue my explanation/ findings on the next.
Have a great week folks!






























































































-M-

No comments: